We Take Pride In Our Commitment to
Our Clients As Well As Our Community

Fiancé Visas in Charlotte

Family Immigration Services

One of the most common types of family-based immigration is the K-1 fiancé visa. If you are a foreign national engaged to a U.S. citizen, your fiancé will need to petition to sponsor you for this visa, which will allow you to come to reunite with them in the U.S. However, simply being engaged to a U.S. citizen is not enough proof to obtain a fiancé visa.

At Vásquez Law Firm, PLLC, we are dedicated to helping foreign nationals and U.S. citizens remain together in America. Our Charlotte immigration attorney can help you with all the necessary paperwork and documentation needed to apply for a K-1 visa. With additional offices in Raleigh and Smithfield, we are prepared to serve you wherever you are located in North Carolina.

What Is a Fiancé Visa?

The K-1 visa is a non-immigrant visa that allows a U.S. citizen to bring his or her fiancé to the country with the intention of getting married within 90 days. After you have gotten legally married, the foreign citizen can request an adjustment of status to obtain a green card. There are other restrictions that may apply and you will need to be prepared to prove the authenticity of your relationship.

Qualifications for the K-1 Visa

It can be very confusing and time-consuming to try to apply for a fiancé visa on your own, especially without knowledge of immigration law. We are here to ensure your paperwork is handled correctly and reduce or eliminate the chance of your application being denied.

In order to qualify for a K-1 visa, you must:

  • Have met your fiancé in person at least once within two years
  • Be a U.S. citizen to petition for your fiancé
  • Both be free to enter into a legal marriage
  • Have enough income to pay the affidavit of support
  • Prove that your relationship is genuine

    We are pleased to offer Spanish speaking services for your convenience. Please call us at (704) 271-5597 to request a free consultation.

    The Opinions That Matter Most

    • “The way he goes about your case, you can truly tell he really cares about your situation.”

      Eddie M.

    • “Mi respeto para el abogado yo lo recomiendo yo estaba bajo la custodia de inmigración y el me ayudo a salir para regresar con mi familia muchas gracias abogado Vásquez”

      Rafael H.

    • “Perdon pense que la estrella era una calificación perdon alcontrario tengo tanto que agradecerle gracias por ayudarme que dios derrame bendiciónes sobre usted”

      Alma P.

    • “I would recommend them to anyone and will be definitely using them again if we ever need an attorney!”

      Allison T.

    • “Les recomiendo los servicios de los abogados Vasques Law Firm”

      Yosselin P.

    • “Es un hombre integro q ejerce su trabajo al maximo, q Dios lo sigua bendiciendo mas y mas en su familia y en todo lo q se proponga este 2015”

      Evelin H.

    • “Exelentes muy unidos con la comunidad ispana y brindan la ayuda q en verdad se nesesita.. MUCHAS GRACIAS”

      Roberto R.

    Contact Vasquez Law Firm Today

    All Consultations are Free and Confidential
      • Please enter your name.
      • This isn't a valid phone number.
      • Please enter your email address.
        This isn't a valid email address.
      • Please make a selection.
      • Please enter a message.