NORTH CAROLINA AUTO ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS
Raleigh, smithfield and charlotte NC ACCIDENT LAWYERs
Taking Action for Those Injured in Motor Vehicle Accidents
The aftermath of a severe motor vehicle accident will leave lasting physical and emotional injuries. When someone suffers disabling injuries, it is devastating, both to the person who has been injured and his or her loved ones. When someone else is at fault for the accident, it is important to have experienced, tenacious legal counsel on your side.
The Raleigh, Smithfield and Charlotte auto accident attorney of Vasquez Law Frim, PLLC take decisive action on behalf of people who have been injured in car accidents. William Vasquez has practiced since 2011. Over this time, we have helped thousands of people who have been severely injured in all types of accidents.
NC Car Crash Attorney & Injury Lawyers Representing Clients in Personal Injury Claims in Raleigh, Smithfield, Charlotte and Beyond
You can depend on our law firm to act swiftly and surely to help you or your loved ones recover appropriate compensation. We serve people across North Carolina injured in any type of motor vehicle accident, including:
- Trucking and commercial vehicle accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Mass transit accidents such as bus accidents
- Emergency vehicle accidents
- Boating and water recreation accidents
Our lawyers will thoroughly investigate the cause of your car accident to find every potentially liable party. At the same time, we will work closely with you to see exactly how your injuries have impacted your life. Serious injuries will require significant compensation to cover your medical expenses, past and future lost income, pain and suffering, and other damages. Our approach to helping clients in personal injury litigation often leads to favorable results for our clients.
Steps To Follow After An Incident
After you are involved in a car, truck, bike or boat accident, it is highly recommended that you contact an accident lawyer. However, there are other steps you can take that will help your case. Here are some helpful tips to follow after you have been involved in an auto accident.
- Never admit fault – Regardless of what happened, never accept the blame for the accident. That includes conversations with other parties, police or bystanders. Even a false admission of guilt could be severely damaging to your lawsuit.
- Call 911 – Safety is the first and foremost concern in any accident. Contacting the local authorities will provide emergency help to those in need and it will also guarantee that you get an accident report, which is essential when filing a lawsuit.
- Collect information – Your accident lawyer will not be on the scene, so it is your responsibility to collect as much information as possible. That means getting contact info and statements from eyewitnesses, taking photos of the accident and listing the vehicle parts that were damaged.
- Seek medical attention – Even if you are not seriously injured, it is important to see a physician. Some auto accident injuries do not show themselves right away, but take some time to set in. Also, be aware that many people do not feel the full brunt of an immediate injury because of the rush of adrenaline that accompanies car accidents.
An accident lawyer will need to know the extent of your injuries, whether you crash in a car, boat, truck or motorcycle. Those injuries range from minor to catastrophic. However, most injuries fall into certain categories and your accident lawyer can brief you on the kind of compensation you should expect to receive for your specific injury. Here is a look at some of the most common injuries we have dealt with as a Charlotte accident lawyer.
- Broken bones – Breaks are common in car accidents because of the sheer force involved in these collisions. Healing time can span several months and keep individuals out of work, especially if they engage in any form of manual labor.
- Neck injury – Whiplash is a form of a neck injury and these issues can linger for quite some time. They can reduce one’s quality of life and also create excessive pain and suffering. These are not always diagnosed right away, which makes it important to seek out medical attention.
- Head injuries – A head injury can include a concussion, but can also be classified as a traumatic brain injury. Some can last long periods of time while others can impact people for the rest of their lives.
- Wrongful death – This is the worse type of injury, and the unfortunate reality is there are tens of thousands who lose their lives every year on the American roadways. If someone else is at fault, this could lead to the filing of a wrongful death lawsuit.
On Your Side, Working For You
An accident lawyer takes care of the essentials on the way to getting you the compensation you deserve. This starts out with filing a personal injury lawsuit on your behalf. There are steps to be taken and an accident lawyer will ensure that appropriate protocol has been met through every part of the process.
Many times, insurance claims are initially denied, and that leads to the onset of the negotiation process. A Vasquez Law Firm accident lawyer will go back and forth with insurance companies in an attempt to get you the maximum payout. Our lawyers will not allow you to be taken advantage of with skimpy payouts. There are strategies used rather often by insurance companies and our team of attorneys are aware of how to deal with those tactics.
An accident lawyer will also go through the investigation process to prove that the other party was at fault for your personal injury. In doing so, the amount of compensation you receive has the potential to increase. Every piece of evidence builds your chances of receiving a higher payout. Proving fault and showing additional injuries is another task assumed by your accident lawyer at Vasquez Law Firm. That also involves continued correspondence between you and one of our accident attorneys.
Contact Vasquez Law Firm, PLLC
Call (919) 989-3000, or e-mail our law firm to schedule a consultation. Our law firm takes all injury and wrongful death claims on a contingent fee basis. You will not pay attorneys’ fees unless our law firm makes a financial recovery in your case.